Meet Dr. Hubert T. Kim
Dr. Hubert Kim is the Associate Professor in Residence and Associate Residency Program Director with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCSF. He is also an Attending Physician, San Francisco General Hospital, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Kim is an orthopedic surgeon who focuses on Cartilage Regeneration and Repair. His research focus is on the molecular and cellular mechanisms responsible for secondary injury cascades that are set in motion after mechanical trauma. He is particularly interested in tissues that have a very limited capacity for healing and regeneration where preservation of existing cells and tissue may be of particular clinical significance. He is he is currently investigating the mechanisms involved in programmed cell death following acute trauma involving articular cartilage and the spinal cord. His ultimate goal is to eventually apply lessons learned in the laboratory to the design of better treatments for patients.
Dr. Kim is part of the team that makes up The Arthritis and Joint Replacement Center at UCSF Medical Center.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Hubert T. Kim Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Cartilage Injury and Disease
- Adult Reconstruction
- Joint Replacement
Accolades for Dr. Hubert T. Kim
- Associate Professor in Residence, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Associate Residency Program Director, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA.
- Staff Physician, Orthopaedic Surgery Section, San Francisco VA Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- American Orthopaedic Association
- International Cartilage Repair Society
Profile last updated: September 1, 2016. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.