Dr. Andrew J. Cole is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and specializes in the non-surgical management of spine pain. Dr. Cole received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Virginia Medical Center and completed his residency at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He was trained in the non-surgical management of spine, sports, and occupational injuries as a fellow at SpineCare Medical Group.
Dr. Cole is a clinical professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Washington and President and Medical Director of Northwest Spine & Sports Physicians, P.C. He serves as a peer-reviewer for Veritas Health and is a member of its Medical Advisory Board. He has edited seven textbooks and published over 100 articles.
- MD – University of Virginia Medical Center
- Internship – St. Mary’s Hospital & Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Fellowship – Musculoskeletal research, Columbia University
- Fellowship – Nonoperative Management of Spine, Sports and Occupational Injuries, SpineCare Medical Group, Daly City, CA
Areas of Specialization
- Physical therapy
- Musculoskeletal manipulation