Dr. Scott M. Sporer is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in total joint arthroplasty. He is Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rush University Medical Center and is the co-medical director of the Joint Replacement Institute at Cadence Health. Dr. Sporer performs over 800 primary as well as complex revision hip and knee arthroplasty procedures annually.
Dr. Sporer has a strong interest in research and has completed a master’s program at Dartmouth College in the evaluative clinical sciences. The majority of his current research focuses on long-term clinical outcomes of complex revision hip and knee surgeries as well as the routine use of radiostereometric analysis (RSA) in primary joint replacement procedures. He has published more than 90 articles and has contributed to over 25 orthopaedic textbooks.
He is on the board of directors for the American Joint replacement registry, served on several committees for American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), and the Hip Society.
- MD – University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
- Residency – Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover, NH, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, Adult Reconstruction
- Board Certification – Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialization:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Total joint arthroplasty
Orthopedic Building at Rush University Medical Center
1611 West Harrison Street
Chicago, IL 60612