Meet Dr. Michael Wind, Jr., MD
Dr. Wind is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with OrthoVirginia.
He is a hip and knee specialist, utilizing the latest technologies and sophisticated techniques (such as minimally invasive surgery), yet also focuses on non-surgical joint-preserving treatments.
Dr. Wind at a Glance
- Dr. Wind performs hip arthroscopy, primary and revision hip replacement, knee arthroscopy, cartilage restoration, partial and total knee replacement, and robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery.
- He is fellowship trained in both joint replacement and sports medicine, regularly helping athletes return to mobility and peak performance.
For help regaining full functionality, discuss your options with Dr. Wind.
Dr. Wind is a member of OrthoVirginia Richmond.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Michael Wind, Jr., MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship - Southern Joint Replacement Institute, Nashville, Tennessee
- Fellowship, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine - Perth Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Perth, Australia
- Residency - University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Medical Degree - University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Cartilage Injury and Disease
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Pain
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Pain
- Meniscus Tears
- Cortisone Injections
- Evaluation and Diagnosis
- Hip Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Reconstruction Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Revision Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Steroid Injection
- Therapeutic Injections
- arthoscopic surgery
Accolades for Dr. Michael Wind, Jr., MD
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Phi Beta Kappa, Duke University
- University of Cincinnati Department of Orthopaedics Basic Science Award
- Varsity Wrestling, Duke University
- Virginia Student Athlete Scholarship Award
Office Information for Dr. Michael Wind, Jr., MD
Johnston - Willis Orthopedic Center
1400 Johnston-Willis Dr., Suite A
Richmond, VA 23235
Monday: 8:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 5:00
Friday: 8:00 - 5:00
- Most Insurance Providers Accepted
Profile last updated: September 6, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.