Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Can't sleep in bed due to hip pain

We have a Tempur-pedic mattress that's rather firm. Up until last September I was able to sleep in bed just fine. In September my right hip starting hurting, deep ache with occasional burning (like a line down the side of my leg to the knee). I was diagnosed with arthritis, sciatica and suspect bursitis as well. Since then, I've found lying on my right side puts pressure on the hip and the pain makes it impossible to sleep. If I turn to my left side, I feel a "pull" in my right hip which is also painful. I've been sleeping in a recliner since then because I find it very difficult to sleep on my back in a bed - I'm a tosser-turner and in bed rarely stay in one position for more than a few minutes. 

My husband is disabled and during the night he occasionally needs to wake me to help him sit up. Now that I'm in another room it's more difficult to assist him since I have to get up, walk to the bedroom, sit him up, and then walk back to the living room. By that time I'm awake and it's hard for me to get back to sleep quickly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a mattress topper that might help? I'd like to be able to sleep in a bed again. 

advertisement

Comments