Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Methotrexate

My 2 1/2 year old was diagnosed back in June 2017 with JIA. She had steroid injections in September and was on Naproxen from June to Sept. Once I figured out the shot had somewhat worked I stopped give her the medicine..didnt want her to become use to it. Fast forward to July 2018 I notice her knee swelling again but this time it was just one vs both and also her left hand from shoulder to wrist. Doctor told me this week that she probably wouldn't outgrow this and she has a condition called Polyarticular Arthritis. She also wanted to change her medicine from Naproxen to Methotrexate. Has anyone else given their little one this?!

advertisement

Comments

• katieanderson
    Please click on the Welcome link below.
    Welcome to Arthritis-Health and How to Start Using our System

I am so sorry about your daughter. She's too little to have these problems now. Methotrexate not only helps with arthritis symptoms but also helps prevent damage to joints. But each child responds different. If you do your research (which I'm sure you have), make notes to discuss with her doctor. 

Take care of both of you and please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Arthritis-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 118
    I dont have any experience with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, but you should look at this article 5 Types of Medications to treat Rheumatoid-Arthritis
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • advertisement