Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Looking and feeling old

Hi I am 42 with 4 young kids, including 9 year old triplets.  I also have psoriatic arthritis. I feel about 40 years older due to chronic pain. In addition, my face looks old and well, terrible.  Anyone have ideas on ways to not have the pain show on my face and maybe look like am 42 year old again?  Thank you

advertisement

Comments

• William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 37

Hello Tripletmom

Welcome to Arthritis-Health

Some say what our weather is inside cant be hidden.

From a male point of view

I have been growing a beard to hide the lines from grimacing around my mouth...but cant hide the spiders web of cracks around my eyes.

Its a shame we cant hide the pain forever...or better yet not have the pain at all.

I see the faces of Angels among the afflicted

Im sure the Ladies in the forum have found ways to hide the pain and will answer soon.

Hang in there!

• Thank you.  Glad I am not alone in feeling like this. 

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129

No question, pain takes it tolls in so many ways.  One way that is more obvious is in our faces.   While we are on so many different medications for our pain, that takes away from our natural face.  I know that once I started to decrease the amount of opioids I was using daily , exercised more and started to eat more of the healthier choices, there was a definite 'perk' in my face.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com