Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Total shoulder replacement January 2019

advertisement

Comments

•  They one  post op it’s been 22 hours since nerve block is still numb, with the pain pump that will go on for another 50 hours. arm is swollen hand is twice the size of my other hand and back shoulders swollen. I will update later just want to make sure to keep the what I said I will post updates for that to make sense.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 122

The nerve block does work.....    Have they started up with any physical therapy yet?   I know for my surgery, they started the day after surgery and it just continued and continued.

As I have written in my details about shoulder replacement surgery, the recovery and the exercises you put into it will make the world of difference in the end

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • advertisement
  • Yes I have a Denteley they’re not having me do any PT until after 72 hours left after the nerve block is out I thought the same thing that we were going to start PT immediately but evidently not there is absolutely no way I can move my arm shoulder or fingers or anything I’m running on the yes I have a Denteley they’re not having me do any PT until after 72 hours left after the nerve block is out I thought the same thing But I cannot move my arm my shoulders my wrist and my fingers absolutely no movement whatsoever

• Sorry for the crazy post for some reason my phone is doubling my post and auto correcting everything

• Hey!! Great to hear from you!! Hang in there, it will get better.
    We will watch for your dates and thanks for posting.

Sandra
    Arthritis-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  •  Hi everyone hopefully I make more sense. Stop taking Oxsee after approximately 3 1/2 days doing the CBD oil  Tincher set means taking exit out of it orally  sometimes combined with Tylenol. So far this is working adequately been able to work out every day after the arm has thought out which was almost 4 days. Bicep curls by itself  bicep curls with A PVC pipe dangling the arm and very seldom wearing my sling. Like I say so far pain is  nominal at best  with a few rough spots in between but the CBD oil seems to be working quite well and for myself at this point in time I recommend at least checking into it for pain. Hopefully this does not auto correct itself several times and look crazy thanks again everyone check in later. 

• Wakecrazy
    Good to hear from you and thank you for posting. We are glad to hear you are doing better and the CBD oil is working for you. Hope it is making your therapy a little easier.
    Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
  •  Another little update post surgery still having trouble sleeping somewhat I think it’s because I not doing any kind of real exercise or work during the day plus some pain.  Strictly using CBD oil for pain management turn off the Oxsee at approximate three days post surgery. And at this time I’m trying to wean off even the CBD oil as much as I can.  Tripped over my cat last night ouch that hurt.  Reiterate what everyone else says and you’re told make sure you do your exercises and they seem to be fairly finite .  Also it seems that sleeping is the premium as I’ve read in all the other forms and listening to YouTube videos .

• I think you are doing great for only 3 days post-op. Yep, I have a flash light on my phone that I use at night so I don't trip over mine, or the dog. I really glad the CBD oil worked out for you.
    Take care and thanks for the update.

Sandra
  • Hi all!  I am scheduled for stemless shoulder replacement surgery this Friday, Feb. 8th.  I have my pre-op tomorrow.  The same as whole replacement, but they don't put the whole ball and stem on the top of the arm, just shave down the humeral head and cover it with the semi-circle of metal, then the plastic replacement surface of the other side.  I'm starting to get a bit scared though because of the intense recovery!  It sounds like a lot of work - I guess I'll be inspired enough!  I'm 60, but have been pretty active, have 2 young grandsons I want to be able to play around with and pick up!    What info and advice can you give me for the day to day things that the Dr. doesn't tell you?  Will I have to have oversize clothes to put on over the whole sling or brace?  I've heard button up or zip is best, that makes sense.  Will my hand be useful at all, even though it's in the sling?  Or is complete immobility necessary for that arm to let the shoulder heal?  It's also my right shoulder, and I'm right handed.  So that's gonna be a challenge.  Any things you bought, surgical aids, etc, that you recommend?   Thanks! 

advertisement