Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Hello! New to this forum.

Hi! I am new to this Forum...a warm welcome on Spine Health recommended I come on over. I have Psoriatic Arthritis and Connective Tissue Disorder and Sjogren's. And, I look forward to meeting you.

advertisement

Comments

• Hello darla19!
    Welcome to Arthritis-Health!! I'm glad you decided to come over but I am so sorry you have so much going on. You had mentioned on Spine-Health that it really hurts to type. I know how you feel, I have RA in my hands, my fingers and knuckles have knots and are turning crooked. I have days where I type with 2 fingers lol. 

Tell the other members a little about yourself when you can. This always helps in their responses.
    Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thank you, Sandra! I have times I can type better than others. I am pretty isolated and love the social connection but the physical act of typing is tough. I am 59, married, and worked until mid-December! I just left my job after many years, because of the physical problems. I had cut back to an online job but typing...you know. I am in the process of applying for Disability.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis, Sjogren's, Raynaud's and other UCTD lovelies.

I am so glad to meet you but sorry you suffer with RA. These diseases try and steal everything but we are fighters. I know there are voice programs but I don't like to sit here literally talking to myself out loud, lol.

Nice to meet you!

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129

Darla, you should take a look at this

All about Psoriatic Arthritis

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • darla19ddarla19 Posts: 2

Thank you, Ron! I just went through the info. It is a nice overview and I appreciate you posting it for me (and others!). I get frustrated at the info on PsA because it sounds to me like something that is primarily a skin issue and frankly not as serious as other conditions and I find myself really...not great. My skin issues are minimal but my joint issues and inflammation are debilitating. I am always having some surgery. I suspect my other issues add to the pool but people with Psoriatic Arthritis can have a destructive disease to manage. The diagnosis by exclusion of other diseases also makes it sound less problematic to me...And I am having so much trouble typing this due to joint pain. Probably just that I am more aware of it but seems like every other commercial these days is for a PsA treatment. Maybe it is becoming more common. Not that that is a good thing. I am happy to see this forum and thank you for sharing!

advertisement