Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Total knee replacement

I am a 60yr old woman wbo has just finished her 4th week after tkr surgery I dont know what to expect I am currently still on  crutches have really no pain just aching around thigh am doing basic exercises but get very tired all tbe time.

What I am worried about is the tightness in the knee it seems to be getting slowly better can anyone tell me how long does it take to get rid of tbe tightness/stiffness looked up google but it doesn't help.

Any information would be so much appreciated 

Thank You

advertisement

Comments

• hello gseward!
    please click on the welcome link below for more information on the forum.
    welcome to arthritis-health and how to start using our system

it's only been 4 weeks and this will take time and patience. i have never been through knee replacement but it sounds like you are doing good, seeing you have no real pain. 
    below is a link to articles on knee surgery that may help you out.
    https://www.arthritis-health.com/surgery/knee-surgery?utm_medium=web&utm_source=sites&utm_campaign=nav

take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129

Three months seems to be the magical number for most of the discomfort, problems and pains to dissapear after surgery.

I have not had a total knee replacement yet, but I am heading for one.  I did have both of my shoulders and hips totally replaced, and for me the key , besides normal exercises was stretching (approved by my therapist)

I recently had meniscus surgery on my right knee, and the deep/soft tissue massage person I've been seeing for over 10 years, stressed that with the knees, it is so important to do the proper exercises so that the muscles and tendons along with all the scar tissue  wont get too tight

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • advertisement
  • darla19ddarla19 Posts: 2

Wow! Almost no pain? That is fantastic with a TKR. Work hard at the bending...You will be glad later.