Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Any Good Rx-Med for Fingers and back pain?

Hello:

The Arthritis Dr. sent me 4 different tests, ... blood work, X-ray, MRL(for back pain) and Bone-Density which confirmed I have Osteoarthritis and Sclerosis(a bit of hunch-back).

The dr. told me, however no need to get an rx-med. as seeing that I've been on 4 - 5 tabs of Tylenol 650 mg. per day.  However, the pain keeps slowing down my hobbies, sewing and gardening.

Any inputs on this would be truly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt Posts: 230

hello finger19!
    welcome to arthritis-health. please click on the welcome link below to learn more about the forum.
    welcome to arthritis-health and how to start using our system

sewing and gardening, 2 of the best hobbies out there!! other than rx meds, have you tried anything other than tylenol?  the only thing i would recommend is reading the links below for more information.
    what are some basic arthritis medications?
    the blend 

take care and keep us posted on your progress.

Sandra
    Arthritis-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 122

Any reason your doctor said no prescription medications for you?

Other than that, there are a number of ointments, gels that can be used as well as over the counter patches.

Then there are supplements that have been touted to help with arthritis inflammation.

Most of that is included here on the site.    But again, nothing concrete.  What works for one individual may not help another.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • advertisement
  • Finger19FFinger19 Posts: 4

Thanks for the responses.  

After MRI, my Arthritis dr. told me that I have Degerative disk disease with left-sided lumber radiculopathy, ... not Arthritis in the spine(lower back area) which sometime radiates to the left side of leg.  

This diagnoses is very surprise to me, since I always thought/believed that the back-pain is related to Arthritis,  Now, I started looking for Spine Dr. or even Physical Therapy to alleviate the pain I have.  I LOVE sewing and Gardening(flowers), then I want to be relatively healthy and not abandon due to this diagnosis.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt Posts: 230

Don't let this diagnosis stop you from doing what you love. When planting and cleaning out flower beds, I found if I got on all fours, I could work with less pain. Just like sewing, sit and sew, stand up and cut! lol.
    A PT may be able to help you out for now but, if it were me, I would try to find a neurosurgeon that could go over your MRI and give you some options.

Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Arthritis-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
advertisement