Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Auto Immune and Surgical replacement of Implanted foreign bodies

JspaganoJJspagano Posts: 1

I need a hip replacement, but I'm so concerned about having "Mixed Autoimmune Disease" and rejecting the implanted parts, cements, etc.  I'd like to hear from anyone that can relate.

Thank you 

Jane

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 2

jspagano

Jane

I have not had a hip replacement, but there are several members here that have, I am sure some of those will be a long to comment, if you will go to the top right of your page to the search box, there are some interesting articles on the subject.

Chip 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt Posts: 240

Jane

Please click on the link below for more information on the forum.

welcome to arthritis-health and how to start using our system

Have you been diagnosed with Mixed Autoimmune disease? Or, are you just concerned about a rejection?
    My case is a little different where I have a pain pump implanted along with a tube and catheter. I took a chance because we were out of options. That was 2 yrs. ago and I still have not had a problem.

Also, have you discussed this concern with your doctor? Hopefully someone else will come along and give you more information.
    Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129

@Jspagano

I have had both of my hips totally replaced with new ball/socket and stem.    That was over 6 years ago and I have not had any problems with my hip.

But as Sandra stated, do you have any autoimmune disease?   That would be something if you did to talk to the surgeon.

I did find, that the best surgeons always want to make sure during the hip surgery, that the leg lengths are identical.   When they are off just a bit, its an invitation to follow on problems.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com