Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Prescription Patch?

CCinPACCCinPA Posts: 1

I have been diagnosed with arthritis on the top of my foot.  My podiatrist gave me a topical ointment.  But I get cold-feet quickly, so the ointment does not stay in place.  My podiatrist is not local, but my PCP is.  So if I know what to ask for, I ask my PCP for it.  

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129
    edited May 13

There are so many different topical ointments and there are several different OTC patches.    The one prescription patch I can think if is Lidoderm.  It contains at least .5% lidicoaine.  I've used them on my neck, back, hips, arms, legs, but never my feet.

I have Osteoarthritis in both feet, especially the big toes (they dont move and are always twice the size)   I have not found anything to help with OA on my feet.  Is yours Osteoarthritis (which there is no cure) or Rheumatoid Arthritis , which there are many different medications to help deal with flare ups

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • memerainboltmmemerainbolt Posts: 240

CCinP

welcome to arthritis-health and how to start using our system

Do you mean the patch does not stay in place? I'm sure your PCP could write you a script.
    Below are some links for medications.
    what are some basic arthritis medications? 
    the blend 

Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement