Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the new Arthritis-Health Forum Web site

We are following the same format and navigation as we do on Spine-Health
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Tips for managing RA flares?

CDVCDV ChicagoPosts: 2
When you're experiencing an RA flare-up, what do you do to get through it? What helps the most?
advertisement

Comments

• William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 16
    edited July 2016
    CDV

While my last doctor visit years ago indicated I may have one form or another, circumstances are that I dont have a Primary Care Provider. A PCP.
    Mine in my hands and less severely, in other joints..knees, wrists,shoulders and hips.

The most urgent is my hands.
    Cold temperatures are vicious and my hands wont work until i use insulated gloves to protect and warn the fiery jpints.

Nsaids,heat help.
    Sorry if your original question was not answered too clearly..but as I learn about which form my will take, Ill be better positioned to help.

Welcome to Arthritis Health!

• ero7273eero7273 Devon, UKPosts: 2
    Hello, new here....and this is a very good site. I'm new at this and not sure where to jump in, but it seems good at this point to mention that after having RA (hands, wrist, elbow mainly) for most of my life, and trying many many many meds, the one consistent thing that always helps is good old fashioned heat. I must have worn out 6 heating pads so far. Im told heat encourages circulation and that makes sense. My trick is to do it on a regular schedule, like nightly, even if it doesnt hurt, and not just when it flares up. But maybe I'm luckier than most. The pain comes and goes but I can knock it down with heat.
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 41
    Welcome to Arthritis-Health forums.   This has been a recent addition to the Arthritis-Health web site.  That is where all the medical articles and details are.  (The top menu bar on this page).

This forum site was launched several months ago so it is still building up the member community.

Personally, I have been dealing with OA (Osteoarthritis) for many years now, along with total shoulder and hip replacements and more....  So, I really can not comment that much regarding RA.

I like ice, but that is there to also help other spinal issues.

I hope you find this site rewarding and if  you have questions, always feel free to ask.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 16
    Ero
    Ill have to try a heating pad
    I have actually had to use my insulated work gloves within the past week..deep ache and swollen feeling fingers.
    Doc said there would be progression.
    I sigh..a warm parafin hand soak..i can wish no?

Welcome!
  • SavageSavage USAPosts: 13
    Hello ero7273 !
    Please click on link for helpful information!

moderator, ~~savage

• advertisement
  • I usually refer a hot water massage.
advertisement