New here

I'm a new member. I've had three knee replacements for two knees. Long story. Will be having my left shoulder replaced Wednesday June 12th. I'm an artist now and used to teach Biology. I have three Sheltie .. Hope to get to know some of you better. 

Edited by Sandra to remove surgeon's name and hospital.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt Posts: 251

Hello orion!

Please click on the Welcome link below for more information on using the forum.
    welcome to arthritis-health and how to start using our system

To help other member's with their replies, please give us more information about yourself. Such as, when did this start, what type of arthritis do you have?

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • challengercchallenger Posts: 7

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

Chip

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmmemerainbolt Posts: 251

orion

Below is an article you may want to read regarding your shoulder surgery.
    total shoulder replacement 

Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 136

@orion

I have had both shoulders totally replaced with titanium ball/socket and stems as well as both hips.   Shoulders are by far the most challenging in terms of recovery.   The surgery goes fine, but then the hard work begins.  I spent almost 18 months in recovery, exercising and moving my shoulders every day for about 2 hours.  It was so painful to move just an inch, but after a while I gained more and more mobility.

I can say that in order to get the most out of shoulder surgery, you need to put 150% into the recovery.  That goes beyond the standard physical therapy, its the work you need to do at home.

I am happy to say, that since those shoulder surgeries in 2010, I have had zero problems with my shoulders, in fact I know have more range of motion than I did before the surgeries

Good Luck and Stick with the recovery process.   Its not easy but it will pay off in the end

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
advertisement