Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Painful flare up lumbar spondylosis

CatoutdoorsCCatoutdoors Lockerbie UKPosts: 1
Hi Everyone I'm in the middle of a really bad 'flare up' of my lumbar spinal osteoarthritis.  I have stenosis, disc protrusion,facet joint arthritis. My neurosurgeon hadn't seen me for three years and has now discovered scoliosis. Because there is a lot going on there it is labelled 'Spondylosis.  I am finding it difficult to cope with the pain in my lumbar region radiating over to the left side. It's like the muscle is going into spasm when I try to stand or walk. I was  at a GP doctor  today who was no help whatsoever.  She asked me what happened if I straightened up ??( I was bent over )  PAIN I said !!! Didn't she know that when you bend forward you get relief due to the spaces in the lumbar region opening up. She gave me stronger codeine to take ! I take pregablin, codeine/paracetamol, diclofenic,Amitriptyline and tramadol which I haven't taken yet as I know it's an opiate the same as codeine.  Anyone have similar out there. Would be grateful for any feedback back thanks  Cat
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129
    i have osteoarthritis throughout my body.  my entire spine is loaded with oa, plus i have had both of my shoulders and hips totally replaced with implants because of oa.

i also have spondylosis.  

here are some good items to read:

what is spondylosis

spondylosis video

common questions about spondylosis

note, you will see that most of the discussion dealing with spondylosis is carried on at   www.spine-health.com/forum

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • SavageSavage USAPosts: 13
    hello catoutdoors !

please click on link for helpful information!

moderator, ~~savage

• advertisement