Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Chronic pain

ive never had knee trouble and now all of a sudden I'm in bits knees and feet in chronic pain I was diagnosed with OA in my back done years ago ,, does this awful pain come and go or do I now have it all the time, this is my third week and no relief yet , should I walk or rest , what's melds should I take.  Pls help.  
advertisement

Comments

• William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 37
    Hello and Welcome Margaret to Arthritis Health!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129
    hopefully you are aware that there is no cure for osteoarthritis.  the only thing we try to do is slow down its degeneration.
    i've had arthritis in my spine for over 18 years now and the way it advanced, i had to have both of my shoulders and both of my hips totally replaced with implants.

with arthritis, otc nsaids can help (assuming your stomach can handle that).  the objective is to reduce some of the inflammation that is going on during flare up times.

here are some articles you can read about   medications for arthritis

in terms of walking that is almost always good to do, but without knowing more about your condition, etc, the question should be directed towards your doctor
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • advertisement
  • bettyboopbbettyboop EnglandPosts: 1
    Hi I have had O A for nearly 10 years now . Was 39 when diagnosed .had 3 ops on neck and 1 on spine now pain all over body ankles knees elbows etc .constantly on morphine . This condition has ruined my life to the point that I do not have one . Is anyone else the same .im from England .
  • William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 37
    Hello Bettyboop

Welcome to Arthritis-Health!
    Sorry that youve had so much pain and suffering due to OA

Please refer to our resources inside for more information as other members log on 
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129
    I've been dealing with Osteoarthritis now for over 15 years. As a result of the degenerating and rapid spreading of OA, I had both of my shoulders totally replaced with implants and had the same done with both of my hips.

I recently had a Laminectomy on L2-L5 to correct a spinal stenosis condition. The surgery initially called for a rod to support my spine, but because I have so much arthritis in my spine, the surgeon felt that I was stable enough (because of the OA)

I have learned how to cope with OA. Probably what has made this somewhat easier is the fact that I have already had 7 spinal surgeries before OA started its path.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage USAPosts: 13
    edited January 2017
    hello bettyboop !
    welcome to arthritis-health and how to start using our system
    please click on link for helpful information!

moderator, ~~savage

• OA can be very challenging. There can be numerous ways to slow down the degeneration, however many involve big lifestyle shifts and really getting to know your condition. Make sure you have a good support team around you. Nothing is impossible and use the resources available as best you can. Good luck!

• BrentBBrent Posts: 1

Back pain, knee pain and sick of pain meds, I tried this,  a high power PEMF

(Pulsed Electro-Magnet Frequency) therapy.

and NO PAIN. I now sleep without any pain, and no pain meds.

The high energyjust pulses the sore joints to a warm and then non-existent pain.

If anyone was interested, there are many
    chiropractors who use them.

&nbsp.

Edited by Sandra Arthritis Rule #5.04 You agree not to submit or post advertisements or commercial solicitations to forums on Arthritis-Health.

advertisement