Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Gout Flare-Up

I had to get up this morning and do some research on Arthritis-Health for gout flare-ups.

I woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like a hot iron on my right big toe. It hurt to let anything touch it.
It was as red as a tomato and so tender to touch. And certainly could not walk on it.
I have had this happen before but not this bad.
I know you are supposed to stay away from red meat, which we don't eat, beer, I do not drink, sweetened beverages, I only drink milk and water and lose weight (I weight 90 lbs.).

So I am at a loss. Anyone else have to deal with this?
Sandra
Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please read my  Medical History
advertisement

Comments

• I had gout for years. Excruciating pain in my big toe which later moved to my ankle. Even a sip of red wine was a guaranteed gout attack. The medication worked somewhat but I had an attack about every 3 months and it would last for a week or more. I couldn't take it anymore, I was at my wits end. 

Out of desperation I began to try any and all "alternative" remedies, some worked some didn't. Then I tried Bromelain. I'm not doing marketing for any product or anything so which ever brand you can get, should be tried. The stuff I use is 500mg bromelain blend 2000 GDU/g, whatever that means. I take one capsule a day in the morning. Side effects I experienced are that your urine burns for a week or so, I think it's all the uric acid being expelled from your body, it's also a blood thining agent so take care if you are already taking some. It heightens the absorption of antibiotics significantly but with this it also heightens the adverse effects of antibiotics as well. 

I've been on it for 6 months now, I drink red wine, eat liver and kidneys, I order pizza with extra anchovies and I can drink beer again. This stuff works for me, maybe it will work for you. Good luck, I know your pain.

• janho
    Thank you for sharing this information with other members. And I'm glad this has worked out well for you.
    But everyone is different, tolerates meds, even over the counter, in different ways. So remember, it may not help everyone.
    As with any medication, even over the counter, you need to notify your doctor of any meds you are taking.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement