Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Does anyone have both Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 118
So many people seem to have one type of arthritis or the other.

Neither one is fun to deal with. But with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) there are medications that you can take to manage the RA. There are still many painful flareups that can really leave you almost incapacitated. But with Osteoarthritis(OA) there is no cure. There is nothing medically that can control or manage OA. It is something that you learn to deal with and try to find out ways to slow it down. Since many OA cases involved quickly deteriorating situations (ie Joints) finding someway to control it is impossible.

I started with OA back in 2004. It has progressively gotten worse and has deteriorated my major joints. I had to have both of my shoulders totally replaced with a new ball/socket and titanium stem. Then I had both of my hips replaced the same way. It was OA just tearing through my body destroying joints and eventually leaving them bone on bone.

I've been told from looking at some X-rays and the nature of my condition, that my knees will be the next to go.

SInce you can not stop OA, what can you do to slow it down. There are so many articles written about this Our Facebook page (Arthritis-Health) has so many posts regarding this. Myself, I have been working at this for years. I use turmeric and ginger as my biggest fighters against OS progress.

Then I started to read and came up with a nightly cocktail. Best tasting anti-inflammatory cocktail you will ever try

This was my recipe and it was improved on to add some more ingredients. But for me it has not stopped the OA pain and its too early to see if its slowed down the OA destroying progress.

My stories
Ron's history with OA and joint surgeries

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
 I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
advertisement

Comments

• Ron

I have never had to deal with OA, which I am thankful for. 
    You have been through a lot and your story will be encouraging to other members.
    But I do have RA, both of my wrist, hands and fingers have huge knots, my fingers have started to twist and look all gnarly.And I have arthritis in my spine.

Before I joined Spine-Health and Arthritis-Health last year I had never done a lot of research on OA or RA. Since then I have learned so much more about all of the different types of arthritis and what they can do to our bodies.

I am sorry you have had to go through so much but thank you for sharing your story with us.
    Sandra
    Arthritis-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History