Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Recently told I have progressive mild osteoarthritis of the knee.

Would it be reasonable to expect this condition to cause muscle pain up and down the leg.  My hamstring muscle is sore and feels "knotted up" sometimes.  The knee itself doesn't hurt as much as the muscles.  Also the pain is usually on the backside of the knee.  Thanks

advertisement

Comments

• hello szvacek!!
    welcome to arthritis-health.
    i'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. did your doctor mention anything about inflammation? i have osteo of the spine and rh in my hands real bad. whenever mine flares up i certainly know it and most of the time it's caused by inflammation. 
    below are 2 very good articles on osteo of the knee. this forum is a library of knowledge, we have so many articles and videos on just about anything related to arthritis and/or the spine.

knee osteoarthritis treatment
    knee osteoarthritis causes

please click on the welcome link below to help you get starting on how to use this forum.
    you can also check out spine-health

welcome to arthritis-health and how to start using our system

take care and please keep us posted on your progress.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Hi :)  You haven't been back/replied in over a year it seems but just in case someone else can relate ~

Yes.... it is possible...I just went through everything you mentioned; it even sent me to urgent care!

Now that the flare up has passed, my muscles have settled down but are very weak.

The muscle cramping was just as painful as the knee inflammation and swelling; one wrong move and whammo!

I took magnesium, did massages, and applied Biofreeze Gel hoping it would help, and it did a bit; I think all the inflammation, plus the change in gait with the severe knee pain was the cause.

Hopefully you are doing ok and have gotten on top of this ~ take care!

(Please update us if you return)

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 129

@GroovinGranny

You will find that many members create a post or make a comment and then you dont hear from then again.   That happens a lot on Spine-Health.  That is the nature of these forums.  People register and create posts because they are hurting and looking for additional answers.  For many, surgery was coming up.  When they have surgery and the problems are corrective and they feel better, the member tends to fade away ...  Thats good, it just means that whatever problems they were having seem to be behind them now.

You will find members who did not have successful surgeries or are living in constant pain daily active on the forums.

I am a big fan of BioFreeze.  I've been using it for over 5 years now.  I have all their methods, rollon, spray,tube and the big pumpjar.
    Except for the distinct smell, I love BioFreeze.

I also have a prescription for Voltaren Gel which is very effective for Arthritis pain.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • GroovinGrannyGGroovinGranny Posts: 6
    edited December 2018

Hi Ron,

Yup I figured as much; thanks for affirming....I always wonder if they are still lurking but not posting  ;)

I love Biofreeze and always have a half DZ tubes on hand (have more coming today after going through 2 the past week with my flare  :p .....and yeah, I agree about the smell lol

It is great for my sore joints and muscles; especially those tender scalp areas during/after a migraine....or when I need pain relief but can't be walking around with a heat/cold pack.

I have heard of the RX gel; thankfully OTC meds help me so far....but am happy to hear it helps YOU!

Wishing you a happy and pain free day :)

• CodyS1965CCodyS1965 Posts: 2

szvacek,

Hope you find relief soon. Have you looked into CBD? I’ve used it for discomfort in my joints and muscles and it is effective. The kind I use is water soluble, has a 94% bioavailability rate and has a 0.0% trace of THC. 

Best wishes!

• advertisement
advertisement