Meet Dr. William Winternitz, MD
Dr. William Winternitz is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon in Poway, California. Dr. Winternitz specializes in the treatment of arthritis of the knee and hip, fractures, joint pain and rotator cuff tears. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and has a subspecialty Board Certification in Sports Medicine.
Dr. Winternitz graduated from the University of Kentucky Medical School with a major in Biology and Chemistry. He completed a residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Minnesota and a fellowship in Sports medicine of the University of Oregon.
After his training, Dr. Winternitz practiced in Davis for 18 yrs. While at University of California Davis, he was Team Physician for the University as well as Davis High School and the Rivercats Professional Baseball Team. He also taught Orthopedic Surgery at the University and was chosen as the teacher of the year for the Family Medicine program at UC Davis in 1998 and received the same award from Sutter Health in 2003.
Dr. Winternitz teaches in the UC San Diego Sports Medicine Fellowship Program. He is the team physician at Mt. Carmel High and San Pasqual High Schools, the head team physician of Palomar College and is the orthopedic consultant for the Surf Soccer League of San Diego and Cheerforce San Diego.
While utilizing his expert training, experience, and the latest technology, Dr. Winternitz also collaborates with other orthopedic specialists at Palomar Health Orthopedic & Spine Center to achieve optimal results for each patient.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. William Winternitz, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Arthritis of the Hip
- Arthritis of the Knee
- Joint Pain
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Fracture Care
- Joint Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Total Knee Replacement
Accolades for Dr. William Winternitz, MD
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine - University of Oregon
- Professor, UC San Diego Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
- Orthopedic Consultant, Surf Soccer League of San Diego and Cheerforce San Diego
- Head Team Physician, Palomar College
- Team Physician, Mt. Carmel High and San Pasqual High Schools
- Teacher of the Year for the Family Medicine program at Sutter Health - 2003
- Teacher of the Year for the Family Medicine program at UC Davis - 1998
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Sugery, Subspecialty in Sports Medicine
Office Information for Dr. William Winternitz, MD
12630 Monte Vista Road
Poway, CA 92064
Profile last updated: September 1, 2016. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.