Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Erosive Osteoarthritis

hi there. I've been prescribed predinisilone but after one week there isn't any change. Can I assume it's not going to have any affect or is there still time? My rheumatologist didn't seem to know what was wrong with me and quizzed me repeatedly about psoriasis (which I haven't got) but from my own research it's obvious to me I have EOA.  

Would love to hear from anyone with their similar stories and if steroids worked for them or not. 

Sarah 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 118

Steroids generally help with reducing the inflammation.  After a week, I would expect you to see some sort of change.  What was the dosage that the doctor started you with and how was the titrate plan organized (Pills 5 to 4 to 3 to 1 to none)

To determine if you have osteoarthritis , a x-ray will indicate the degree of the problem.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
     I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com  
  • Sarah6970
    Welcome to Arthritis-Health and How to Start Using our System

Did this doctor do any blood work? A lot can be determined from your blood alone.  I have taken predinisilone several times and it always works within a few days, but everyone is different. 
    Maybe get another opinion, this time with X-rays.

Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Arthritis-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement