Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Please note
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable of providing any type of medical advice.

Exercises for Osteoarthritis in the knee

I was diagnosed with mild/moderate osteo in the knee. I have read alot about how beneficial exercise is to the knee. I was a golf addict up till this year.. but am a little concerned with the twisting motion through the knees so have put golf on hold for the summer and decided on exercising at a gym to strengthen the knees through leg lifts.. recumbent biking and machine rowing in the gym. I notice after this workout my knee feels great for a few hours then slips back into the dull pain... ache.. Was wondering if I am doing more damage than good.. or is it good pain and should I work through it... I am new to this diagnosis and to be truthful .. a little pissed.. Was an avid golfer and hiker and dont intend on giving it up...But want to get to a place where I am comfortable doing it... The doctors I have talked to dont seem to know anything other than loose some weight. So trying to figure this out as I go.  

advertisement

Comments