Dr. C. Benjamin Ma is an orthopedic surgeon and the Vice Chairman for Adult Clinical Operations in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center.
Dr. Ma has been practicing medicine for more than 15 years, specializing in sports medicine and knee and shoulder surgery. He also serves as Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco, where he oversees several physicians and athletic trainers, as well as dozens of clinical research projects.
He is actively involved in the research of arthritis, ACL injuries, rotator cuff tears, and cartilage injuries, and his work has been published in numerous academic journals.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Arthroscopy Assocation of North America
- Member, International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Brown University
- MD – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Fellowship – Musculoskeletal Research, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
C. Benjamin Ma, MD
The Arthritis And Joint Replacement Center At UCSF Medical Center
1500 Owens Street
San Francisco, CA 94158