- Share on Facebook
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email this article
J. Stuart Melvin, MD
Dr. J. Stuart Melvin is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in orthopedic trauma and joint replacement surgery. He practices at Washington Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.
Dr. Melvin is a reviewer for the Journal of Arthroplasty, has contributed chapters to several medical textbooks, and has had numerous scientific papers published in academic journals, such as the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MD – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Internship – General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship – Orthopedic trauma, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
- Fellowship – Hip and Knee Reconstruction, OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC
Washington Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
5454 Wisconsin Ave., Suite 1000
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Articles Written by this Author
- Facts About Outpatient Knee Replacement
- Home Recovery After Outpatient Knee Replacement
- Scheduling vs. Postponing Knee Replacement Surgery
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Outpatient Knee Replacement
- Therapeutic Injections for Knee Arthritis
- When to Consider Knee Replacement Surgery
- Who Can Have Outpatient Knee Replacement?
Blogs Written by this Author
- 5 Alternative Treatments for Osteoarthritis
- 7 Core Exercises to Relieve Back and Hip Arthritis Pain
- Is My Hip Pain From Arthritis or Bursitis?
- Is Outpatient Hip Replacement Right for You?
- Should You Get a Cortisone Steroid Injection?
- Understanding Knee Osteoarthritis
- Walking: The Best Way to Start Getting Active with Arthritis
Author profile last updated