Dr. J. Stuart Melvin is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in orthopedic trauma and joint replacement surgery. He practices at Washington Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.
Dr. Melvin is a reviewer for the Journal of Arthroplasty, has contributed chapters to several medical textbooks, and has had numerous scientific papers published in academic journals, such as the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MD – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Internship – General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship – Orthopedic trauma, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
- Fellowship – Hip and Knee Reconstruction, OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC
Washington Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
5454 Wisconsin Ave., Suite 1000
Chevy Chase, MD 20815