Dr. James Bried is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and adult reconstructive surgery. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Arizona and completed his internship and residency in orthopedics at the University Medical Center in Tucson.
Dr. Bried is a member of the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, where he serves on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Arthroplasty. He has served as the president of the Western Orthopedic Association, San Diego Chapter. Dr. Bried is a member of the clinical faculty at UCSD and has been an instructor at the San Diego Shoulder Association. He has a professional interest in minimally invasive surgery.
- MD – University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Internship – University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ
- Residency – University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ
Areas of Specialization
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Sports medicine
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Partial knee and hip replacement
- Shoulder replacement and reconstruction
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- Minimally invasive surgery