Dr. Jasvinder Singh is a board-certified rheumatologist and prolific clinical researcher. He is a staff physician at the Birmingham VA Medical Center and directs the Gout Clinic at the University of Alabama Health Sciences Foundation. He is a tenured professor of medicine and epidemiology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where he also holds an endowed professorship in musculoskeletal outcomes research.
As a researcher, Dr. Singh investigates diagnostic techniques and treatments to improve the lives of people who have gout, osteoarthritis, and other rheumatic diseases. He is currently involved in several research projects and has authored or co-authored dozens of articles in academic medical journals, making him one of the most often cited clinical researchers in the US.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- American College of Rheumatology
- Arthritis Foundation’s Lee C. Howley, Sr. Award, 2018
- American College of Rheumatology Henry Kunkel Young Investigator Award, 2016
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America®, 2011 to 2020
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Master of Public Health (MPH) – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Residency – Internal Medicine, State University of New York (SUNY), Syracuse, New York
- Internship – Internal Medicine, State University of New York (SUNY), Syracuse, New York
- Fellowship – Rheumatology, Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
Rheumatology Clinic at The Kirklin Clinic of UAB Hospital
2000 6th Avenue South, Floor 3, Birmingham, AL 35233