Dr. John Shim is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery. He has been practicing in the Tampa Bay area since 1993. Dr. Shim’s interests include minimally invasive surgical techniques and shaping the future landscape for Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, and the North American Spine Society.
- BS- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MD – State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Syracuse
- Residency – Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship – New England Baptist Hospital / Tufts University School of Medicine, Advanced Studies in Spine Surgery
- MBA – University of South Florida
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialization
- Individualized Spine Evaluations
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spine Surgery Second Opinion consultation
- Outpatient Orthopaedics
Shimspine, part of Orthocare Florida
12780 Race Track Rd.
Tampa, FL 33626