Dr. John Shim is an orthopedic surgeon and President of ShimSpine. He specializes in spine surgery and has been practicing for more than 25 years.
He is also a researcher and educator, serving as a Clinical Instructor at the University of South Florida Department of Orthopaedics and contributing chapters to medical textbooks on minimally invasive spine techniques. Dr. Shim has two patents for medical devices and is a Co-Investigator for a clinical study on cervical disc replacement arthroplasty.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, North American Spine Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MD – State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Syracuse
- Internship – Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, New England Baptist Hospital, Tufts University School of Medicine
12780 Race Track Road Suite 200
Tampa, FL 33626