Dr. Ralph Rashbaum is an orthopedic surgeon and co-founder of the Texas Back Institute. He has more than 40 years of experience in surgical and non-surgical techniques to treat back and neck conditions.
Dr. Rashbaum is active in medical research. He received the Volvo Award for low back pain research, which was awarded through the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Southwestern Medical School and has been published in numerous medical journals, such as Spine and the Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Past President, Texas Pain Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Spine Surgery
- BA – University of the City of New York, Queens College
- MD – Chicago Medical School
- Internship – Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
- Residency – Surgery, University Hospital of Cleveland
- Residency – University Hospital of Cleveland
- Post-Residency Training – Spinal Cord Injury Unit, University Hospital of Cleveland
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital