Dr. Scott Sporer is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip, knee, and joint replacement surgery. He practices Rush University Medical Center, where he also serves as Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Sporer is a Co-Medical Director of the Joint Replacement Institute at Cadence Health. He is also active in research, focusing on long-term clinical outcomes of complex revision hip and knee surgeries as well as the routine use of radiostereometric analysis in primary joint replacement procedures. He has published numerous academic journal articles and contributed to dozens of medical textbooks.
He has served on the board of directors for the American Joint Replacement Registry and on committees for the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and the Hip Society.
Select Professional Memberships and Association
- Member, Hip Society
- Member, European Hip Society
- Member, Association for Arthritic Hip and Knee Surgery
- Member, Mid American Orthopaedic Assocation
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – University of Iowa
- MD – University of Iowa College of Medicine
- MS – Dartmouth College
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Fellowship – Orthopaedic Adult Reconstruction, Rush University Medical Center
Orthopedic Building at Rush University Medical Center
1611 West Harrison Street
Chicago, IL 60612