- Share on Facebook
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email this article
Vijay Vad, MD
Sports Medicine Physician
Dr. Vijay Vad is a sports medicine specialist at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, where he specializes in back pain, knee arthritis, frozen shoulder, and general sports medicine. He previously served as a physician for the professional men’s tennis circuit and on the Westchester Classic of the PGA Tour.
Dr. Vad is also a medical inventor and active in research. He has co-authored numerous articles published in medical journals, such as Spine, Pain Physician, and the American Journal of Sports Medicine. He has written several books, including Stop Pain: Inflammation Relief for an Active Life and Back RX: A 15-Minute-a-Day Yoga and Pilates-Based Program to End Low Back Pain.
In addition, Dr. Vad founded the Vad Foundation, which aims to educate disadvantaged girls globally and to conduct medical research for back pain and arthritis.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification, Sports Medicine
- MD – University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery
Articles Written by this Author
- Acupuncture and Reiki Healing for Arthritis
- An Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Arthritis
- Celiac Disease and Low Thyroid vs. Fibromyalgia
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Myofascial Pain Syndrome vs. Fibromyalgia
- Dietary Supplements for Fibromyalgia
- Dietary Supplements for Treating Arthritis
- Do Curcumin Supplements Have Drawbacks?
- Do Hyaluronic Acid Injections Work for Knee Osteoarthritis?
- Fibromyalgia or Not? 6 Conditions to Know
- Food and Fibromyalgia: What to Know
- Foods to Avoid with Fibromyalgia
- How to Create a Fibromyalgia-Friendly Diet
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection for Knee Osteoarthritis: Procedure and Risks
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Ingredients That May Trigger Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Integrative Arthritis Therapies and Nutrition
- Integrative Medicine for Arthritis Pain Relief
- Lyme Disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) vs. Fibromyalgia
- Magnesium, Melatonin, and Probiotics for Fibromyalgia
- Manual Therapies for Arthritis Pain
- Tai Chi and Yoga for Arthritis
- The Ins and Outs of an Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Turmeric and Curcumin for Arthritis
- Turmeric, Vitamin D, and Coenzyme Q10 for Fibromyalgia
- What Are Anti-Inflammatory Foods?
- What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Author profile last updated