Dr. William Winternitz is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine.
He has more than 20 years of experience practicing orthopedics and sports medicine at hospitals and clinics, and he served as a physician for collegiate and professional athletics teams.
Dr. Winternitz has been published in numerous peer-reviewed academic journals and has held teaching positions at University of California, Davis and University of California, San Diego.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification, Sports Medicine
- BS – Biology, Chemistry, University of Kentucky
- MD – University of Kentucky College of Medicine
- Internship – General Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical Center
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical Center
- Fellowship – Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, University of Oregon
William W. Winternitz, Jr., MD
Pomerado Orthopedic Specialists
12630 Monte Vista RD. #105
Poway, CA 92064