How to make a homemade heat pack with items found around the house.
You will need a sock, dry rice or oatmeal, and thread.
- Fill the sock with rice or oatmeal using a funnel.
- Loop the thread around the sock opening and tie it tightly.
- Turn the sock upside down to make sure it is secure.
- Alternatively, you can also sew the open end of the sock using a needle and thread.
- Place the rice-filled sock in a bowl and heat it for 1 to 3 minutes in a microwave.
- Apply this heat pack to the area of pain.
Heat helps relax muscles and lubricate arthritic joints. This video illustrates how to make a homemade heat pack with items common household items.
In This Article:
- Applying Heat vs. Cold to an Arthritic Joint
- When and Why to Apply Heat to an Arthritic Joint
- 9 Easy Ways to Apply Heat to an Arthritic Joint
- When and Why to Apply Cold to an Arthritic Joint
- 3 Types of Cold Packs for Arthritis
- Video: How to Make a Gel Ice Pack
- Video: How to Make an Ice Massage Applicator
- Video: How to Make a Homemade Heat Pack