Anti-Inflammatory Recipe: Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, blended
- 1 cup prepared green tea
- 3 bell peppers, tops cut off and deseeded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prepare quinoa according to instructions on the packaging, set aside.
- Sauté onion and spinach in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and garlic, cook until turkey is mostly brown.
- Stir in the blended tomatoes and green tea, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir together.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Stuff each pepper with the turkey and quinoa mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, top each pepper with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- Serve...and enjoy.
- Olive Oil
- Green Tea