In This Article:
- Applying Heat vs. Cold to an Arthritic Joint
- When and Why to Apply Heat to an Arthritic Joint
- 9 Easy Ways to Apply Heat to an Arthritic Joint
- When and Why to Apply Cold to an Arthritic Joint
- 3 Types of Cold Packs for Arthritis
- Video: How to Make a Gel Ice Pack
- Video: How to Make an Ice Massage Applicator
- Video: How to Make a Homemade Heat Pack
Cold therapy is can be an effective way to treat many types of arthritis, and may be administered via ice massage. This video illustrates how to make an ice massage applicator using just disposable cups and water.
Learn how to make an ice massage applicator.
You will need a styrofoam cup and water.
- Pour water into the cup until it's half-full.
- Place the cup in the freezer.
- When the water freezes in the cup, peel or cut the upper part of the cup to expose the ice.
Apply this ice massage applicator to the painful area.