Learn how to make a gel ice pack.
You will need water, rubbing alcohol, blue food coloring, and freezer bags.
- Combine 3 parts of water with 1 part of rubbing alcohol and a few drops of blue color in a freezer bag.
- Close the bag and shake well to combine.
- Open the bag and squeeze out all the air, then close the bag again.
- Place the bag into another freezer bag, lay flat, and close the outer bag.
- Place the bag flat in the freezer and let the liquid freeze.
Once frozen, apply this gel ice pack on the inflamed area.
Cold therapy can help reduce the swelling, inflammation, and pain associated with arthritis. This video illustrates how to make a pliable gel ice pack with common household items.
In This Article:
- Applying Heat vs. Cold to an Arthritic Joint
- When and Why to Apply Heat to an Arthritic Joint
- 9 Easy Ways to Apply Heat to an Arthritic Joint
- When and Why to Apply Cold to an Arthritic Joint
- 3 Types of Cold Packs for Arthritis
- Video: How to Make a Gel Ice Pack
- Video: How to Make an Ice Massage Applicator
- Video: How to Make a Homemade Heat Pack