Reduce the swelling, inflammation, and pain associated with arthritis with cold therapy using ice packs made at home. This video illustrates how to make 5 ice packs using common household items.
Learn how to make 5 quick and easy ice packs.
- Ice pack 1: Rice filled sock
- You need dry white rice and a sock. Fill the sock with rice using a funnel and tie the end. Freeze the rice-filled sock.
- Ice pack 2: Bag of frozen fruit or veggies
- You need a bag of frozen fruit or veggies, which can directly be used as an ice pack.
- Ice pack 3: Frozen sponge
- You need a freezer bag and a sponge. First, wet and wring the sponge. Then, put it in the bag and freeze.
- Ice pack 4: Frozen soap
- You need a freezer bag and liquid soap or dishwashing gel. Pour the soap into the bag and freeze.
- Ice pack 5: Frozen towel
- You need a freezer bag and a small towel. First, wet and wring the towel. Then, put it in the bag and freeze.
Grab your ice pack of choice, wrap it in a towel, and apply it to your area of pain.