In This Article:
- Capsaicin Cream for Joint Pain
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Homemade Capsaicin Cream
- Video: Reduce Arthritis Inflammation with this Homemade Cream
Reduce Arthritis Inflammation with this Homemade Cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cayenne powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 coffee filter or cheesecloth
- 1 heat-proof glass jar or bowl
- 1 glass jar with a tightly fitting lid for storage
- Add olive oil and cayenne powder into a heatproof glass jar.
- Place that glass jar into a saucepan that contains about an inch of water to create a double boiler.
- Stir the mixture in the glass jar while the water simmers for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the jar to cool for 30 minutes.
- Strain the newly infused oil through a coffee filter or cheesecloth into storage jar.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the coconut oil for 20 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil to storage jar and mix with the infused oil.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Apply daily as needed for pain.
- Store mixture in the refrigerator when not in use.