Dr. Erik Hansen is an orthopedic surgeon and Section Chief in the Arthroplasty Division at the UCSF Medical Center, where he specializes in joint, hip, and knee surgery.
Dr. Hansen serves as Associate Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery as well as Clinical Fellowship Director for the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine.
He is also the UCSF lead investigator on clinical trials focused on improving the success of revision joint replacement surgery. His research has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Arthroplasty and the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Winner, James A. Rand Young Investigator Award
- Winner, Mark Coventry Award
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BA – Human Biology, Stanford University
- MD – University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF Medical Center
- Fellowship – Adult Reconstructive Surgery, Rothman Institute, Thomas Jefferson University
Erik N. Hansen, MD
The Arthritis And Joint Replacement Center At UCSF Medical Center
1500 Owens Street
San Francisco, CA 94158