Dr. Michael Hasz is an orthopedic surgeon with more than 20 years of experience. He specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery, motion preservation, and regenerative medicine.
Dr. Hasz is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery with the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. He was previously a Major in the United States Air Force, during which time he was Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Director of Spinal Surgery at Andrews Air Force Base/Malcolm Grow Medical Center.
Throughout his career, Dr. Hasz has overseen clinical trials which investigated minimally invasive surgical techniques, and he has trained fellow spine surgeons internationally in minimally invasive techniques.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American College of Spine Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member Medical Society of Virginia
- Member, International Spine Intervention Society
- Member, Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Spine Surgery
- BA – St. John's University
- MD – University of Minnesota Medical School
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Wayne State University, Grace Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI